Monday, June 28, 2010
What's in a name?
Emily Claire Chittick. I just love her name..well of course I do, I did come up with it! Before Emily was even thought of, that was her name. Joe knew the minute kids ever came up in conversation that the first girl would be named Emily (not sure where Claire came from..just think its a classic name!). My mother's name is Emily Joan Taylor and she has always gone by Joan..but for as long as I can remember she has wanted to be called Emily...but it just hasn't happened. But, occasionally ( a lot), she will introduce her self as Emily. I remember when we were planning our wedding, we met with the caterer and apparently she had initially told him her name was Emily..so needless to say, when she showed up as Joan, he was a little bit confused! So when we found out we were having a girl, I was so excited #1 to name my daughter after the most amazing Mother anyone could EVER ask for, and #2 to finally have someone my Mom could legitimately call Emily. And, now..the Taylor sisters, who absolutely love to combine names, have renamed our Mother as Jemily.
***Today, Joe called and told me I might want to stop by the store and pick up some more pacifiers......Bailey struck again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love the name Emily. So sweet to name it after your mom. What a beautiful story!
ReplyDelete