Emily,
Your nursery has so many sentimental touches, I want you to know them all!
This is your room..and please notice, there you are on your changing table..your favorite place to be.
Your crib-This crib is a Jenny Lind that not only I slept in as a baby, but your Aunt Lauren, Aunt Shawn, and your cousins Graham and Reece also used it. I had planned on ordering you a new pale pink bed, but they discontinued the color. After this ordeal, I decided I wanted you to have a cream crib to match your furniture..so your Memmy decided to take on the painting..I think she might secretly regret this adventure, but it turned out beautiful! The mirror over your bed was from an antique piece Memmy has had for years..and once again, she decided to paint it for you. I think it makes the room. Grandma Jane added the layer to your cribskirt so it's extra girly!
Over your window-"May the Lord Bless You"
This was the name of my favorite song during youth group. We sang it after everything, and it was even read at your parents wedding. So, we ordered a decal for your wall, but it came in HOT PINK and looked horrible. So, your Memmy, the painter, once again took to the paint brush and it turned out great! I love it and think it is the sweetest quote ever.
This was the name of my favorite song during youth group. We sang it after everything, and it was even read at your parents wedding. So, we ordered a decal for your wall, but it came in HOT PINK and looked horrible. So, your Memmy, the painter, once again took to the paint brush and it turned out great! I love it and think it is the sweetest quote ever.
Your Great Grandmother (Mamaw)
Unfortunately, you did not get the chance to meet her, but she is very present in your room. The chair is one of my favorite things in the room. It was originally bright blue and white..cute, but not for your room. So your Memmy had it recovered for you. It is called a "lady" chair..very fitting. The dresses over your favorite place in the room (the changing table) belonged to your Mother and Aunts when we were babies..Mamaw made the first two. We also have several of her handmade dresses in your closet waiting for you to wear. The candle on your dresser is made from the beautiful flowers from Mamaw's funeral. The candle looks like it was made for your sweet little room. You also have a few little knick knacks from her including the adorable bears and the lamp on your table. She's everywhere in your room :)


Mamaw's candle
The pictures over your closet were taken from a nursery rhyme book that belonged to Reece when he was a baby.
The kewpie dolls that your Daddy thinks are super creepy belonged to me and Lauren when we shared a room as little girls.
The little shoe on your dresser was Memmy's first shoe when she was a baby. They used to bronze the shoes as a keepsake..what a cute idea.
The little shoe on your dresser was Memmy's first shoe when she was a baby. They used to bronze the shoes as a keepsake..what a cute idea.
So, as you can see, you have little pieces of the past all over your sweet little room and I just love being in there.



No comments:
Post a Comment