Saturday, October 23, 2010

Goodbye Miracle Blanket, we will miss you.

Aaah, the Miracle blanket, it has truly been a miracle. Emily has slept in this mini straight jacket since she was around two weeks old. She has, for the most part, slept through the night since then. So what if the package says "newborn to 14 weeks"? Well, with Emily being 6 months old now (24 weeks), I guess it really is time to retire this thing. I really did try to make it last until she was 12 yrs. old, and I really want the company to consider making these in larger sizes.


Yes, it was absolutely necessary for me to cut a hole for her feet. No judging allowed.


Thank you, miracle blanket. Last night was not the same without you.

4 comments:

  1. We use the miracle blanket too! And we're trying to wean her from it!
    Please tell me how you're weaning, we are struggling? Or did you go cold turkey from it?
    I love the hole, we have stopped tucking her legs in it b/c she's too long and she hated her feet being it.
    Please tell me your secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, considering she is 6 months, I have no secrets!! =) Yes..we just cold turkey stopped 2 nights ago. These past two nights have NOT been fun either. I want to swaddle her forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've tried weaning and its not really working. I'm dreading it, but we may need to try cold turkey as well. Arg!
    I have a friend who used the miracle blanket until her little girl was 7 or 8 months, so don't feel bad about getting her out of it at 6 months! :)
    I love the cut out feet. I need to do that. We just haven't tucked her feet in but the fabric rides up on her face some, so i'll need to do what you did and cut out a foot hole.
    Do you find she's been up all night without the blanket? Or just not sleeping soundly? I'm so nervous about taking her out of that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sleeps..but not soundly. And, she has been waking up at 12 and 3 wanting a bottle! This has never been an issue before. I am so tempted to stick her back in that blanket...You definitely need to find you a pair of scissors =)

    ReplyDelete