Thursday, May 20, 2010

And...we have a blog



I have never blogged a day in my life..but when you have a baby, I think it just comes with the whole Mom thing. I find myself just laughing at the situations I am in from day to day (the laughing is most likely to keep myself from crying and pulling all of my hair out)..and I definitely don't want to forget any of this new crazy life we have. Baby Emily was born on April 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM, weighing a whopping 7lbs 14oz after about 50 minutes of pushing with an epidural that absolutely did NOT work. No one can prepare you for your post pregnancy body ( I will spare you the details), the lack of sleep, and C O L I C! I mean you have to just love colic, right? The crying is just music to your ears..every waking hour of it =)And of course I cannot forget our other children, Bella and Bailey..poor things they have no idea what has hit them. But, even though I know they are tired of waking up at 2AM, they seem to kind of like this little girl. Since Emily's arrival, we have just about tried everything to soothe that little belly of hers..but I have found, as of today, that dancing like a total moron to oldies music has seemed to do the trick (Joe can't seem to grasp the dancing like a moron part-maybe when he's here with her alone he will!). Throw in some lunges and squats, and ta da..you have a work out too! She is also a huge fan of Johnny Cash..great taste in men, huh? Get ready to see a lot of pictures from her birthday until now!

2 comments:

  1. ok Amber.. Lanier had the worst case COLIC ever !! She cried for 5 weeks.. ALL day Long !! let me know if i can help !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a blog now! And I just love that picture of her!!!

    ReplyDelete